John Barrowman and -- who? So that's Matt Smith!

I did a post a couple of days ago, "Captain Jack meets Doctor #1 -- the new Doctor." And quite a few people said to me, "Who the heck is Matt Smith?

Well, the simple answer is, "a very young English actor with a quirky, unique face, who has a connection to the GLBTI community..." He's still in his twenties, but there's much about him that suggests to me that he could actually "be" the Doctor...



We've lurched over the hurdle of the Doctor being identified as an older man -- he's immortal, he regenerates, there's no reason he shouldn't regenerate into a young face. Peter Davison was the first young Doctor, and he promptly laid to rest the arguments that he was too young. Paul McGann was the next young Doctor ... gods help me, I liked him a lot as the Doctor, but I know a lot of people didn't. Well ... anyway.



And now ... it gets interesting. I put the following to you, and I'm not going to say another word:



Actually, I will say another word or two after all: Woah, this is going to get intreresting! Jack Harkness became a gay icon in a single episode of Doctor Who, even before Torchwood came along, and, uh ... after that it was an absolute blast.