Bean and Bowie ... woah!

If you've got a fancy for Sean Bean (oh, yeah...) you're going to love this little feature which just popped up on Press Association:

Sean Bean has revealed he used to dress up like David Bowie.

The Lord Of The Rings star, who will turn 50 in April, told The Times he used to glam up like the 70s rock star when he was a teenager.

Sheffield-born Sean said: "I wore similar outfits to Bowie. The truth is, I was a clone. I dyed my hair red, wore jumpsuits and big stack heels decorated with stars.

"People in Sheffield thought I was a poof. A weirdo. Which encouraged me to do it even more. I risked getting my head kicked in for a while, but then glam rock became more mainstream and dyeing your hair, wearing make-up and dressing up became more acceptable."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jcQOhcUgNU098d_AcLO8Q9oBsBOg
...woah, that would have been something to see!

I have to admit to being very partial to Mr. Bean ... whose name was originally spelled Shaun, but he decided to change it to "Seen Bean" (as he jokes about it) because the more traditional spelling is quirkier ... which suits the movies.

It's Sean's birthday in April (he's 50! Good golly, doesn't time fly?) and we'll have to have a Special Event on the blog here when the big day comes around.

Eye candy now? What -- you insist?! Okay: